Thunderbird

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:24:01 UTC 2005

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:03:50 +0000, Norman Silverstone
<norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> At the moment I use Evolution for my mail and Pan Newsreader for my
> news. I understand that Thunderbird does both. Could someone please tell
> me why I should not ditch both Evolution and Pan and use Thunderbird
> instead?

Because evolution can do news as well.

Go to settings -> add account -> email-blaha -> Receiving email ->
Usenet news...

After that you go to "folder subscriptions" and subscribe to what you
want to read.

I'm reading my news that way right now (altough, I only tested it for
10 minutes).

> I don't want the management aids provided by Evolution but I do
> want software which is simple to set up and use, stable and effective.

Use whatever suites you best..

Regards,
Erik