Mozilla Thunderbird

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun Jan 2 15:14:55 UTC 2005

Matthew Garrett wrote:

>Unless you're the copyright holder, of course.

Which the mighty Novell make a big point of making on their "About"

>I know several of the ex-Ximian Novell employees personally. I trust
>them not to take advantage of the free software community.

Ah, ex-Ximian employees... my friend Mike from Boston was laid off when
Novell took over Cambridge Technologies in 2001... his boss turned to
him and said "we are so sad to lose you, but Novell have said your role
no longer exists in Cambridge".... so he lost his job.... but they
extended his notice period constantly, because there was nobody else
within Cambridge that knew the stuff he did... but eventually the
management locally (Boston) had to admit defeat, and succombe to the
Novell Head Office and the fact that they couldn't justify his role...
nice :-(

Employees are very disposable, especially in Novell... your ex-Ximian
people will be kept until their worth, then Novell will exercise their
copyright on the Evolution project and sack the lot of them....

...possibly... but the word "possible" is enough to make me think twice
before using the product.

Novell are ruthless... they're heartless... Mike has not worked in IT
since 2001... he is now a concert promotor...

Sean