Mozilla Thunderbird

Keith Irwin keith at keithirwin.com
Sun Jan 2 02:09:04 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 20:42 -0500, R S Gill wrote:

> I'm just curious but could you please elaborate more on examples of this
> intergration.

I get most of my information from reading Planet Gnome, which means I
forget most of it as time goes on.

BUT, some things you can try:

Add a task due today, and set up an appointment in the calendar for
today, then click on your "clock" applet in the panel.  The task and
appointment should show up on the calendar that appears.  You can click
on the different days, and that day's appointments show up.

Also, try the "edit -> preferences -> mail preferences" and take a look
at the "automatic contacts" tab.  Along with automatically creating
entries in the address book when responding to mail, you can also
"periodically synchronize contact with buddy list".

There's an "address book lookup" applet you can add to your panel.  I
had to restart the panel to be able to type something.  You type and it
"autocompletes" and when you select the name, a dialog comes up and you
can "compose mail" to that person.

Check the beagle project to see the search stuff: nice looking,
anyway. :)

	http://gnome.org/projects/beagle/

I imagine if Gaim ever gets with it as far as Gnome is concerned, you
might be able to be notified of incoming email via instant message, or
have unread mail indicated as a number next to user names, or have that
user's icon "throb" if there are pending email messages, or whatever.

Keith