Problem installing Cinelerra video editing system

lobo ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Jan 1 04:18:14 UTC 2005

Hi, I managed to install Cinelerra using the following procedure

1)
Added these lines to my apt sources:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
deb http://www.kiberpipa.org/~minmax/cinelerra/builds/pentium4/ ./

2)
Couldn't install cinelerra due to unavalability of libopenexr2
Did a package search at debian.org in testing and downloaded the
libopenexr2 package from this page.

http://packages.debian.org/testing/libs/libopenexr2

Then used dpkg to install it:

sudo dpkg -i libopenexr2_1.2.1-2_i386.deb

3)
Couldn't install cinelerra due to unavailabilty of libpng12-0
Did a package search at debian.org in testing and downloaded the
libpng12-0 package from this page.

http://packages.debian.org/testing/libs/libpng12-0

Then used dpkg to install it:

sudo dpkg -i libpng12-0_1.2.8rel-1_i386.deb

4)
Found all the dependancies were now satisfied so installed using:

apt-get install cinelerra

which downloaded and installed fine, loaded fine, very fast, havn't
done any editing yet but thought this may help some people.

This is just my way of getting it installed, I really have no idea how
this will effect the dependancies of other packages in ubuntu but
luckily the missing packages seem to have no dependancies that werent
already available so there is only a couple of packages borrowed from
debian testing so hopefully wont cause any major trouble but as always
use this information at your own risk :)

--
lobo