Errors while compiling mplayer

p!=f ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Feb 28 18:41:57 UTC 2005

BMWolf Wrote:
> by "x-window-dev" i assume you mean "x-window-system-dev". I have all of
> the dev packages. I still get the same errors.
Sure. My mistake. Sorry for the typo.
You could try to install libxxf86vm-dev

I just downloaded MPlayer-1.0pre6a.tar.bz2 and compiled it without a
single problem.

BMWolf Wrote:

> when you use the fakeroot or dpkg method how do you tell it that you
> want to enable the gui. do you still do the "./configure --enable-gui"
> before you build the package?
> it wouldn't have anything to do with my graphics card(6800gt) and not
> having the correct driver would it? i don't get any errors when i
> ./configure though.

You don't need to run the configure script, just tweak the debian/rules
file in MPlayer sources to add some desired configure options/features
and run the build command.
Here's my line I used for compiling

Code:

  ./configure --prefix=/usr --confdir=/etc/mplayer --disable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-gui --enable-menu --with-codecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs $(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)

--
p!=f