[Hoary] Upgrade to Hoary

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 28 16:02:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 11:57:18AM +0100, Eamonn Sullivan wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:40:05 -0800, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Indeed.  If you plan to upgrade to Hoary, you should purge any packages you
> > installed from this archive first.
>
> Yes, I've sworn off backports for Hoary. The good news is that it has
> become much less of a temptation. The Hoary packages are generally at
> a very good stage.

At what point did the backports become a temptation for Warty?  I like to
think that 6 months is too long to wait for a new stable release, and am
interested in feedback if opinions differ in the community.  Users who are
willing to trade stability for newer software are welcome to run the
development branch.

--
 - mdz