Errors while compiling mplayer

BMWolf ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Feb 28 16:06:39 UTC 2005

Peter Garrett Wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 00:17 -0500, BMWolf wrote:
> > Also i read where a user suggested making a .deb rather than make and
> > make install, for easy removal if need be. Of course, I have to get
> > this to work first, but anyone have thoughts on this. I'm fairly new
> > linux and debian but i'd like to know for reference.
>
> You can do this with "checkinstall"
>
> sudo apt-get install checkinstall
>
> What you then do is use the usual
>
> ../configure
> make
>
> But then run
>
> sudo checkinstall
>
> and you will get a .deb, installed and ready to go. You can remove it
> anytime.
>
> apt-cache policy checkinstall
>
> says it's in the universe repository (on Warty at least)
>
> Peter

That's exactly what I was after. This does the the same thing as dpkg
doesn't it? Any differences besides the commands you give?

I still cannot even get the pre6a mplayer to compile though so i can't
use dpkg, check install, or make install until i get pre6 to compile.

these are the errors i get:

/usr/lib/libGL.a(glxcmds.o)(.text+0x2eea): In function
`glXGetMscRateOML':
: undefined reference to `XF86VidModeQueryVersion'
/usr/lib/libGL.a(glxcmds.o)(.text+0x2f1a): In function
`glXGetMscRateOML':
: undefined reference to `XF86VidModeGetModeLine'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

Any help getting this to compile would be great.

--
BMWolf