writing on CD-R

René L. Reingard reingard at hispeed.ch
Mon Feb 28 15:51:13 UTC 2005

hello ubuntu-users

today i wanted to burn the Hoary-Live-CD, as recommended for solving the
consisting problem with hotplugging USB devices on my laptop.
what i always have seen, and wondered about, is, that my CD drive (which
is a CD-RW-Drive) is detected as: CD-ROM1.
in /etc/fstab the drive has therefore the option 'ro' and  i changed it to
'rw'.

old:
/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0

new:
/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 rw,user,noauto  0       0

there was some burning going on on the drive,  BUT if i want to open the
drive by clicking on the icon, there is no access to the result of the
burning.

mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
        or too many mounted file systems

what to think about that?
must be to solve in a simple manner?

thanks for your help,