ordinary computer user

ioliver ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Feb 27 14:56:05 UTC 2005

Looks like a great bit of work. TBH I think it should form the backbone
of plans for a post-hoary Ubuntu.

However, I'd add a few things -
. When you say "download stuff", bittorrent is only part of this.
People use a whole load of P2P clients.
. The names of programs in Linux are often unfamiliar to people and,
let's be honest, often tell you little about their function. People
need a way of going from "Uh, so here's a desktop, now how do I do
xxx?" to knowing which program to install and where to find it
afterwards. Ubuntu's new gnome-app-install is a good start but IMO
Ubuntu needs a good beginners guide that hits to top 20 tasks and tells
people how to achieve them. And no, beginners won't be using the command
line!

Ian

--
ioliver