Multimedia Hell :-/

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun Feb 27 03:20:27 UTC 2005

Just found this page in the wiki :

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/InstallingMplayerFromHoaryInWarty

Apparently Mplayer is now in hte Hoary repo. I followed the procedure,
seems to work, I have now mplayer in Warty. BUt it has no GUI, command
line only, better than notihng I suppose.

Still in the same wiki page, at the bottom, I added the marillat repo to
get the windows codec, but doesn't work, apt-get can't find the
repo ! :-/

We are progressing, now we just need to add the GUI and win32 codecs ot
the existing Hoary mplayer package.

That should keep the frustration awya a bit, until Totem Gstreamer does
its intended job...

Vince, getting there (slowly)