Is my Ubuntu hacked (and being controlled by a hacker?)

Behrang Saeedzadeh behrangsa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:28:50 UTC 2005

> as you know i would be the last to exclude your suspicions,
> but to me it looks more probable that there is a problem
> on your system that is not remote-controlled by others.

Frankly before I install a Firewall on my pre-SP2 XP system my system
were attacked by lots of different attackers: I saw a strange dialog
box at the center of the window advertising different things, suddenly
my svc service used all the CPU horsepower, and I also had the same
problems when I ran eMule Plus. Then I installed a firewall on my
system and I found out that my system is being hacked at least ten
times a day. That's why I was thinking that my Ubuntu is probably also
hacked :-)

> it could be the mouse and keyboard cables for example.

Looks like to be so. After that I changed my mouse everything seems
fine (until now.) I've to wait and see if the problem shows up again
or not.

Thanks a lot,
Behrang S.