Website design : what to use ?

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Feb 26 14:52:09 UTC 2005

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

>It seems most people either use "vi", or WYSIWYG.
>I do'nt work like that, I need both at the same time on the screen, and
>need both views to interact instantly, and let me switch from one to the
>other super fast. I happen to find that DW does that perfectly.

Would not opening a firefox window and a vi window and then clicking
"refresh" on Firefox after doing a :w! on vi not achieve that objective?

I do think these WYSIWYG editors are counter-productive... fact is that
HTML may be WYSIWYG, but it's not WYSIWYVG (ie. What You See Is What
Your Visitors Get)... you may get it, but they may not... therefore it's
better to work on strict web principles and code your pages using best
practices... and when you want to see where you've got to, flick to
Firefox (or Konquerer or whatever) and see how you're doing !

Sean