Beagle and Hoary

Michael Anckaert michael.anckaert at scarlet.be
Sat Feb 26 13:59:28 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I downloaded beagle 0.0.6.1 (.tar.gz) and installed it today. I'm on
hoary and use kernel 2.6.10-4-686-smp, so inotify should be in the
kernel.
Yet beagled (the beagle deamon) gives me this error

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception
was thrown by the type initializer for Beagle.Util.Inotify --->
System.Exception: Could not open /dev/inotify

I cut away some non revelant info, and as you can see,the deamon is
unable to open /dev/inotify. I checked my /dev and there is no inotify
device there.
I can't find any 'other' inotify device in my /dev folder. Am I wrong to
think that inotify is in kernel 2.6.10-4-686-smp? Or what could be the
problem?

--
With kind regards,
Michael Anckaert