[Hoary] xorg.conf advice

Phil Cryer phil at cryer.us
Sat Feb 26 03:11:31 UTC 2005

Quoting Matt Galvin <matt.t.galvin at gmail.com>:
> --- snip ---
>
> glxgears gives me: 8078 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1615.600 FPS
> fgl_glxgears gives me: 1962 frames in 5.0 seconds = 392.400 FPS
>
> Hope this helps.

Very much, thanks.  Since I did a fresh Hoary install I figured I could
just use
the xorg.conf it created, and then put in the driver line.  Next time I'll
RAOTFM (Read ALL Of The Fine Manual!).  I'm seeing:

glxgears = 772.200 FPS
fgl_glxgears - 161.000 FPS

I'll prob start pricing nVidia PCI-e cards, and look to sell this on eBay.

Thanks again Matt!

"I'm celebrating my love for you with a pint of beer and a new tattoo"
-- Billy
Bragg