Confused Newbie: CD-RW as SCSI Device in Warty?

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 08:17:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:36:20 +0100, federico <fgubuntu at spin.it> wrote:
> David M. Carney wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:53:57 +0700, Brian Durant
> > <globetrotterdk at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi again,
> >>
> >>I am still trying to copy an audio CD in Warty.
>
> insert this in /etc/cdrecord/cdrecord:
>
> CDR_DEVICE=/dev/hdx (where x is your cdrom location)
> cdrw=/dev/hdx   4       8m
>
> then, cdrecord should work.

OK, I looked at the file and as it is right this minute, it reads as follows:

CDR_DEVICE=yamaha

CDR_FIFOSIZE=4m

# drive name	device	speed	fifosize driveropts
#
teac=		1,3,0	-1	-1	""
panasonic=	1,4,0	-1	-1	""
plextor=	1,4,0	-1	-1	""
sanyo=		1,4,0	-1	-1	burnfree
yamaha=		1,5,0	-1	-1	""
cdrom=		0,6,0	2	1m	""

I have two CD-R, RW, DVD-R drives. I would like them both to work. How
do I do that? I also just replied to another posting on this thread
that includes all of the error messages that I have received at
various times, with various programs, using various methods to try to
burn the +*!#ยค CD.

Cheers,

Brian