How to copy packages...

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Thu Feb 24 15:29:37 UTC 2005

Sorry, this is probably a most stupid question!

I'm not very familiar to Debian packages, so I'm wondering how can one
copy a package just as I do under Fedora or RPM-based systems.

An RPM file contains all files needed by an application or whatever, but
I guess DEB packages are different. At least, I see that a quite big
application like GCompris has a rather big (several Mbs) RPM file, while
the corresponding DEB package is just 230K long.

I guess that if I just copied the latter on a floppy and bring it home,
I would not get GCompris installed at all.

Since I have to installa GCompris on a PC without net card, nor modem, I
cannot use apt-get as usual.

How else can I do?

Many thanks in advance.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico