How about installing new hardware AFTER system installation?

Michael Scottaline mscottaline at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:08:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:03:48 +0800, rpowersau at gmail.com
<rpowersau at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 05:53:33 -0500, hashimoto
> <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:
<snippage about configuring for new hardware difficulties>
> > And BTW, would Kudzu do the job?
============================
As I was reading your message and your Dad's difficulties with his new
monitor I kept thing about Fedora's ability to find, identify, and
configure for new hardware.  Of course Fedora uses kudzu and I have
found it to work extremely well.  Over a year ago (closer to two) I
hooked up a Brother HL1440 printer which kudzu found during boot,
identified properly and asked if I'd like it to configure for me.  I
answered yes and that was the total extent of my involvement.  Windows
would have needed the provided CD-ROM to install the printer ;-)
Something for the Ubuntu team to consider, perhaps.
Best,
Mike
--
"I don't know how World War III will be fought, but I do know World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"