[Hoary] sudo Gedit > Open > File system = X crashing

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Thu Feb 24 08:43:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm using Hoary with latest updates and guess I have found a bug. Here's
how to reproduce it:

1. Open terminal and do "sudo Gedit"
2. In Gedit click "Open" button
3. Double click "File system"
4. X should crash at the first, second or third time you go from 1. to 3

If I do the same without sudo, there's no crash. Also if I open Home
directory instead of the filesystem, everything works fine. Occasionally
there's no crash at all even if I repeat the steps above several times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I searched both Ubuntu and Gnome
Bugzillas, but didn't find any similar reports. I may report this if
it's okay to do that.

Regards,

Ari