[Hoary] Am I supposed to have a Debian menu?

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at dnet.net.au
Thu Feb 24 03:39:48 UTC 2005

G'day there Russ,

	I tried your suggestion for 'apt-get', with the result as follows:

ken at cernunnos:~$ sudo apt-get install menu
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package menu is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package menu has no installation candidate
ken at cernunnos:~$

	I dunno whether I've done something wrong, or not. I just went with the
standard install from the Hoary Cd I'd downloaded and this is the system
I got. It was pretty straight forward so I don't really think I've
stuffed anything up.

	This is my first Debian based distro so I'm unfamiliar with its package
system. I appreciate the advice I've been given, but so far it's without
success.

See ya & thanks
Ken