Intel SRCS14L RAID controller ...

Jim Cheetham jim at egressive.com
Wed Feb 23 21:03:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 14:37 +1300, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> I have an Intel SRCS14L RAID controller in my machine, which runs fine
> with the gdth driver.
>
> I've tried to install the userspace config tools that come with it
> (storcon, iircfg, srcd), but they're not working for me - they are
> "could not connect to driver". I see from strace that they are
> opening /proc/scsi/gdth/0, but are still not happy.

OK, some digging produces an archive from Intel that works (as opposed
to the more-easily-found ones that so not!)
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=897&DwnldID=7497

Found via :
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/delprosjekt/hw-raid-info.html

What you get is an interactive cmdline tool that allows you to
make/rebuild/whatever the arrays, and a daemon that talks SNMP, allows
access over the network, and logs things in syslog.

In practice, we're likely to forget about the Intel card, and go for a
cheaper 3ware SATA RAID solution, because the user-space software is
better - as well as the above, they provide an HTTP admin tool, that's
"better" for non-admin operators to use.

--
-jim cheetham = jim at egressive dot com
www.egressive.com, www.effusiongroup.com