[Hoary] Upgrade to Hoary

baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 19:38:06 UTC 2005

Matt Galvin wrote:

>I tried it, it broke! I don't remember exactly which things broke but
>I would say just grab the latest hoary array cd and install from that.
>If you can't grab the new cd for what ever reason, do a fresh install
>of warty and upgrade from there. I know that works!
>
>If you try to upgrade with the back port packages installed, Good Luck ;)
>
>Matt
>
>On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:05:02 +0100, Oliver Grawert
><hostmaster at grawert.net> wrote:
>

>>hi,
>>Am Dienstag, den 22.02.2005, 18:38 +0000 schrieb Eamonn Sullivan:
>>

>>>Has
>>>anyone else tried upgrading after using backports? What happened?
>>>

>>sounds like a good topic for a wiki page....
>>
>>:)
>>
>>ciao
>>        oli
>>

>>--

Hoary Array 5 just does not work on my Dell Dimension 2400 with E172FP
monitor. The xorg.conf file is a TOTAL mess, the result being no X11. I
spent most of the weekend messing with xorgconfig before giving up on it!

So I'm back on Warty, with backported Firefox, Gaim, Thunderbird. To be
honest my experience with Hoary, both Array 5 and the Live CD is so bad
I'll probably not bother 'upgrading'.

Baza