Upgrade Mozilla-Thunderbird

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 18:56:14 UTC 2005

Well first it depends on the version of Ubuntu you are using. Warty is
only getting security updates which generally means it will get very
few updates.

Hoary on the other hand gets a bunch of updates almost every day.
Hoary is the current development version of Ubuntu. Hoary contains the
latest version of firefox and many other packages but is still under
development and can be broken at times.

If you want to get the latest version of firefox, thunderbird and
other apps and still use the current stable release Warty then take a
look at the links below. These page should tell you everything you
need to know.

http://ubuntuguide.org/ (Getting Started Guide)
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15 (HOWTO's)
http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/ (Backports, contains latest
firefox, etc..., check out the Gettin started Guide first.)

Hope this helps

Matt