Kernel panic in the insatllation process!

Agustin.Lobo agustin at ija.csic.es
Tue Feb 22 13:52:56 UTC 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 4.10 Warty Warthog from a CD that I've
burnt using the iso file warty-release-install-i386.iso

I have a working Mandrake 10.0, which I want to substitute by Ubuntu,
keeping my /home (which is in a different disk with reiserfs) intact.

First, I just wanted to check how the installation program sees
my partitions etc., but, once I start up with the CD, and
soon after I hit the first enter, I get:
(the screen cuts off the first character)

AMDDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
rc error
FS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
ounted devfs on /dev
reeing unused kernel memory: 204k freed
XT2-fs error (device ram0): ext2_check_page:bad entry in direcory
#287:rec_]
n is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0
XT2-fs error (device ram0): ext2_check_page:bad entry in direcory
#261:rec_]
n is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0
ernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

My system has 1 Gb of RAM

Thanks for your help.

Agus

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona SPAIN
tel 34 93409 5410
fax 34 93411 0012