OpenOffice - can't set JRE

Chris Halls chris.halls at credativ.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 16:19:14 UTC 2005

On Saturday 19 Feb 2005 22:08, Andy Pahne wrote:
> I installed Ubuntu, then installed jre. When I wanted to configure
> OpenOffice to use the new installed jre, I could not find how to do that.
>
> (when i download openoffice binary packages, those include a program
> called jvmsetup, if i remember correct, but I could not find that on my
> ubuntu...)

I'm afraid the Java parts of OpenOffice 1.1 only work if you build the
binaries using a non-free Java compiler.  That would prevent OOo from being
available in Ubuntu main, so these parts are disabled.  The situation will
hopefully be better for the 2.0 release, where there some effort has gone
into making OOo work with gcj.

Chris