Xorg problem

Noah Dain noahdain at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:15:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:30:57 +0000, Baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> I've now installed Hoary but my monitor (Dell E172FP) reports can not
> display this video mode, I assume I need to edit etc/X11/xorg.conf but don't
> know what to enter??
>
> Baza

i'd try setting the resolution down a bit.  Look under section
"screen" subsection "display", you'll see the resolution values in
there.

However if this was working before under xfree86 it's probably not a
configuration problem, but a problem with xorg  detecting your
monitor's specifications.

try to start X11 and then look through /var/log/Xorg.0.log for clues.
You may have to work around DDC somehow.

if that doesn't help, post your config and log file back here.

--
Noah Dain
noahdain at gmail.com