Hoary Array-5 on G3 iBook

Nicolas da Luz Duque hot_boy at skynet.be
Sun Feb 20 17:30:36 UTC 2005

Le dimanche 20 février 2005 à 11:52 -0500, Tony a écrit :
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:30:46 +0100, Nicolas da Luz Duque
> <hot_boy at skynet.be> wrote:
>
> > You could do that, but I think the proper way would be to use
> > dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg or something like that.
>
> I will look into this also.
>
> I was able to correct the problem.  I compared the xorg.conf file to
> an older XF86Conf file it appeared the HorizSync and VertRefresh lines
> where missing from the Section "Monitor".
>
> When I modified the xorg.conf and rebooted this appeared to correct the problem.
>
> I am still having problems with many icons not being found.  This
> seems to be mentioned by others using a recent version of Hoary.
>
> Tony

The thing is: when you edit this file manually, it isn't updated by the
configuration scripts anymore. If you try to edit it using
dpkg-reconfigure, it wont work, and with xfree, it didn't even warn you
that the file hadn't been changed (I don't know if it is still the case
with x.org).

I think all this is explained in a short notice at the top of the file.
For the scripts to be able to edit the file again, you have to rebuild
the md5 hash associated with the file.

--
Nicolas da Luz Duque

GPG Key Fingerprint: 4646 3449 8BB1 D2E9 6122  08B2 084E 7833 8953 3945