Unblocking Ports

R S Gill rsgill at purdue.edu
Sun Feb 20 11:34:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Battlefield 1942 linux server.

The server seems to be configured correctly and it is able to start.

My problem is that the windows clients are unable to connect to the
server. They keep returning a failed to connect error message.

I used the Ubuntu network tools and ran a port scan on the Ubuntu
machine that I am hoping to use as the Battlefield 1942 server.

According to the port scanner, only ports 80 and 5900 are open. I need
to know how to open UDP port 14567.

Gill

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood
of tyrants and patriots." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time
that men have died to win them" -- FDR

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf" -- George Orwell