Sidewinder Gamepad under Ubuntu

Climber listen at habmalnefrage.de
Sat Feb 19 10:44:00 UTC 2005

Hello,

Somehow I can't get my Sidewinder Gamepad to work. It is connected to
the gameport of a SoundBlaster 16 ISA PnP. I also have an
onboard-gameport, but I disabled that in the BIOS because I know it
didn't work well even under Windows. Under Fedora Core 3, I didn't have
any Problems with this combination and the Sidewinder Gamepad worked
well.

The thing is, now under Ubuntu the active gameport obviously receives
some kind of information, but it is not useable that way it happens.
With "od -x /dev/input/js0" there are constantly written lots of lines
(which shouldn't happen).

I have no clue what's going on here. Please help me to find a solution.

Best regards,
Climber