Using apt-get to import from Debian unstable

Danilo Piazzalunga danilopiazza at libero.it
Fri Feb 18 15:11:18 UTC 2005

Niels L. Ellegaard wrote:
> Is it possible add debian unstable(sid) to my sources.list (Warty)?  I
> guess that I need to correct my /apt/preferences first. Did anybody
> try this with succes?

See [1]this entry in the FAQ. Also note that packages from Debian unstable
are included in Hoary universe, so you can simply add an entry for Hoary
(main + universe) and then set 'APT::Default-Release "warty";' in
/etc/apt/conf, as explained in the [2]PinningHowto. This way, no packages
except those you have choosen (and their dependencies) will be upgraded to
Hoary.

[1] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/helpcenterfaq.2004-09-15.7453904394
[2] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/PinningHowto

--