Ubuntu 4.10 & TrueType fonts

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Thu Feb 17 22:47:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 11:17:41AM -0800, Steve Wingate wrote:
> When I go into Gnome the fontpath I have in XF86Config-4 doesn't seem
> to be the one the system is using.

fontpath in XF86Config-4 and xfs are parts of an obsolete server-side
font rendering system that does not support anti-aliasing and is used by
few modern applications.

You want to look at /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and /etc/fonts/local.conf

If you just want to install new fonts, just drop them into ~/.fonts/

Marius Gedminas
--
Any time somebody tells you that you shouldn't do something because it's
"unprofessional," you know that they've run out of real arguments.