Ubuntu 4.10 & TrueType fonts

Steve Wingate swingate at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 19:17:41 UTC 2005

When I go into Gnome the fontpath I have in XF86Config-4 doesn't seem
to be the one the system is using. The output of "xset q" shows
something completely different. I tried installing and configuring xfs
but that hasn't worked. I was able to copy my TT fonts to a directory
that does show in the fontpath list but I'd rather figure out why it
isn't doing what I expected it to. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong so
far? Unfortunately i'm at work so I can't attach the files in question
at the moment (bad form, I know).