umask in ubuntu

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at canonical.com
Wed Feb 16 13:34:14 UTC 2005

* Carlos Escutia Chávez

| I had a VERY hard time at getting a custom umask working with gnome
| (many weeks). Just create a file named ~/.gnomerc which contains:

: tfheen at thosu ~ > apt-cache show libpam-umask
Package: libpam-umask
[...]
 This PAM module sets the umask for successfully authenticated
 sessions.  The umask affects the permissions assigned to newly
 created files by default.
 .
 This package is useful to ensure that users' umasks are set
 consistently whether their session is initiated by login, SSH, a
 display manager for the X Window System, or some other means.

(Yes, I know this is an old mail I'm replying to :)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-