Gaim won't fetch me a Yahoo rooms list.

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 13:25:32 UTC 2005

I've just been trying to set Gaim up to use Yahoo IM;  one of my potential
Ubunutu conversion
targets uses Yahoo chat, so she'll want that if I convert her machine from XP.

I can get Gaim (1.1+1.1.2) to run on my Warty system.  I can join Yahoo
chat rooms by guessing
likely names ;-) .

What I can't get to work is the facility for fetching a room list.  The
window appears, but stays
empty, even though a short burst of internet traffic follows when I press
the get list button.

If I try IRC, the room list does appear when I press the button.

Any suggestions?

Neil