Migrating to hoary: weird bug with brazilian ABNT keyboard mapping

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 16:56:07 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've upgraded today to hoary, after a wonderful couple of months with
warty. Now I'm experiencing a frustrating problem. The upgrade itself
was quite a ride (I'll post something later after I finish cleaning my
system). At this point, i can say that almost everything is working.

Under gnome, the 'slash'/'question mark' key stopped working. It
simply doesn't print nothing, under any program (not even inside the
test box on the keyboard configuration applet on the gnome panel). It
seems to be the only key with such a problem. However, if I go to the
text console (alt-ctrl-f1), then the same keys works just as fine.

A hint: if I test the key on the 'keyboard accelerators' configuration
applet, it works, and prints '0x7b'. And as said in the subject, yes,
I'm using a brazilian ABNT2 keyboard.

For now, the slash key on the numeric keypad is working. But I cant
find any other question mark key, which kind of limits what I can type
:-) Has anyone else experienced this problem

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com