Hoary Bootsplash

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Feb 15 10:23:35 UTC 2005

> I think it is possible to have the best of both worlds, start with a
> bootsplash but provide the option to go into verbose mode, as it is the
> case with many distros with bootsplash available.
>
> Alternatively, I would like to see a bootsplash image with a progress
> bar and a few lines (3-4) of verbose mode underneath that indicating
> what commands are being executed.
>
> Everyone is pleased this way???!!!

Eaxtcly, as I said, boot splash gives total freedom. You can have a
background pic with the kernel messages scrolling over it, and you can
control the size and loaction of the text window on the screen, change
fonts, colors.... Or you can have just the messages, or just the pic,
with or without progress bar.
You can have everything people can possibly want.  WIthout splash, you
have only what some people want.

Pleasing everyone versus pleasing only some people -> choice is easy to
make ! :o)

Vince