wireless cards & Linux

Jack Hudson jhudson at tconline.net
Mon Feb 14 23:01:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 13:42 -0600, Luis Murillo wrote:
> ok, but are there any 802. 11B cards, because you only mention the g cards and I think that would be too overkill for me at the moment and would prefer to buy a b only card. Though I know that g cards can connect to B networks.
>
> Thanks.
>
>    >Many thanks for that.
>    >I found this site as a result.
>    >http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php
>
> lmurillo
>

> Hi I have been using Linksys WUSB12 v1 adapter on different computers running Warty 4.10 and the linux.wlan drivers and it installs
>  without any problems. Once you get your config (Wlancfg) set up it works like a champ.
At home I use a WRT54g linksys Router for both my wired and wireless
connects. I run Ubuntu on a P4 3.2 mhx with the wireless adapter and a
Balance laptop with Ubuntu which shows to have a prism3_usb adapter
internally and I have it configured with wlan also and it works great.
Hope this helps.
Jack Hudson
Registered linux user #365587

---