Fetchmail and DSL link

Cristiano Paris c.paris at email.it
Mon Feb 14 21:35:15 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I've setup a DSL link and I noticed the /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/fetchmail file.
Since I use fetchmail to retrieve my emails from my different mailboxes,
I like the idea to have it running in the background a s a deamon.
Anyway I think that it should be running only after a proper external
Internet connection has been setup. I opened that file and changed its
content to:

if [ -x /etc/init.d/fetchmail -a ! -x /sbin/resolvconf ]; then
        /etc/init.d/fetchmail start
fi

Anyway this didn't work since I do have resolvconf installed.

So I want to know the rationale behind the "! -x /sbin/resolvconf"
condition...

Thanks!

Cristiano