Dynamic DNS/dhcp with dnsmasq

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Mon Feb 14 15:07:25 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 07:00 -0500, azz wrote:
> dnsmasq is a great little dns masquerading tool which also does dhcp.
> It takes about three minutes to read the /etc/dnsmasq configuration
> file and uncomment the appropriate lines.  It seems like just what you
> want.

hmm, I'm guessing I configured something wrong :(

dnsmasq.conf: http://lcmurillo.spymac.net/dsnmasq.conf

Now the LAN PCs can ping eachother by hostname and obtain an IP from
dhcp, but my in my box, everytime I use sudo I get:

Feb 14 08:05:43 : lmurillo : unable to lookup bellatrix via
gethostbyname()

and if I tell my box to get it's IP from DHCP it won't bring up the
interface, what am I doing wrong? I took off the domain to see if that
was the problem but apparently it isn't :(

So this is where I say "help!" :|

I'll still try to look this up on Google, but if anyone can help me then
it'll be great :)
--
Luis Murillo <lmurillo at gmx.net>