Finding and copying files in Ubuntu - Newbie [Linz]

thephotoman rantman_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 04:40:46 UTC 2005

Nautilus is the program you need to do this.  To set it up so that you
can do so directly, go to the computer menu, open the desktop
preferences menu, then select File Management.

In the window it brings up, go to the second tab (Behavior) and select
the checkbox next to "Always open in browser windows".  Close the window.

Now go to your home folder.  Go to the View menu and select "Show Hidden
Files". Next, go to the tab that says "Information" beneath the location
bar and to the left of all the icons representing the files and folders
in your home folder. Click on the arrow next to it and select "tree"
from the dropdown menu.  This will give you a Windows Explorer-like
environment in which to move your files.