Monitor Issue

karigna karigna at verizon.net
Sun Feb 13 23:31:44 UTC 2005

Ubuntu has been the best Linux distribution for me after trying Fedora, Red
Hat & Suse but I do have one small problem. I just purchased an LCD monitor
and it will only accept 60Hz at its highest resolution of 1280 x 1024. When
I reboot the Ubuntu machine it reverts to 75Hz and the monitor indicates an
out of range signal and thus will not work with Linux. I set the option for
screen resolution under Computer/System Configuration/Screen Resolution and
checked the box to retain the settings but it reverts on a reboot. The only
way to get back to 60Hz is to plug in another monitor and make the change
and re plug-in the LCD.

Do I need to write the settings to a file to make them permanent?

Kevin