Installation of Hoary array 4 going wrong

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sun Feb 13 17:39:01 UTC 2005

On su, 2005-02-13 at 05:28 -0700, Ron Bellomo wrote:
>Ari Torhamo wrote:
>> la, 2005-02-12 kello 18:09 -0700, Ron Bellomo kirjoitti:
>>

>>>I ran into the same thing last night when I tried to install
>>>Hoary on this laptop. Tried the installation twice with the same
>>>result.
>>>
>>>Finally installed Warty, and then did an apt-get dist-uprade.
>>

>> I would do this too, but I want to see what's wrong with installing from
>> the CD - thought that it might be usefull.
>>
>> Ari Torhamo
>>

>Ari,
>
>I usually try to find solutions to problems just as you do.
>However, after a tough week at work (I manage a computer help
>desk for a university in New Mexico), I was too tired to do any
>real troubleshooting and just wanted the OS on the laptop!
>
>My first thought was that the CD I burned from the iso was
>corrupt in some way.
>
>The minor icon problem I had with Thunderbird is fixed now, too.
>So now I am ready to enjoy Ubuntu on the laptop.
>
>Ron

I'm Sorry Ron, I see now that my reply to you may have sounded between
the lines as if you didn't do enough to find out the reason for your
problem. I wasn't thinking so at all. I was more like explaining myself,
thinking that it may seem silly not just to do the dist-upgrade.

So you solved your icon problem - that's good to hear. I still have mine
left. I'm too tired to start to solve it - the white sheet of paper
shall present every file and directory in my system for now :-)

Kind regards,

Ari