SunRay Server Software v3.0 and Ubuntu?

Matthew Lambie mlambie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:18:17 UTC 2005

Has anyone had any success with the newly-released SRSS v3.0? Support
for RHEL and SuSE was introduced with 3.0 and there's been some
successes with Debian/Sarge
(http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~simigern/sunray-debian/).

Has anyone had a go at this? I'd love to be able to consolidate a few
machines and replace them with SunRays running Ubuntu!

I've gotten the SunRays to get a DHCP assigned IP (from an Ultra 5
w/Sarge) and connect to the SRSS to upgrade their firmware, but that's
all. So far they don't want to start up an X server and the log files
are strewn over a handful of locations so tracking the errors is
nasty.

Naturally, I'll report back any findings I make, but I thought it
would be worth checking if anyone else had made any progress.

Matt