RPM Heck...( was Re: MEPIS vs. Ubuntu)

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 00:07:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:37:01 +0100, Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski
<opi at cyb3r.org> wrote:
> On sob, 2005-02-12 at 11:05 -0500, Brian Barr wrote:
>
> >This is an old myth that really needs to be finished off.
>
>  This myth is spreaded by old time Linux users, who had a box running
> something RPM based few years ago. Yeah, this was a pain in a.. erm..
> eyes. Debian was redemption. I bet most of them never try RH/Mandarke
> again, because of prev. experience. I didn't. :-)

I have to disagree.. I trialled FC2 about 6-9 months ago.. and I still
found it incredibly painful to use.. as the one app that I tried to
working on it sent me on a dependency hunt that made me download about
20 different files from as many different web sites..
I agree that it has improved.. but it still does not hold a candle to
portage or apt.

--
Ubuntu Warty 4.10