Set up print server - Howto?

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Sat Feb 12 01:32:03 UTC 2005

Paul J. Thompson wrote:
> Hi, I have just istalled a Netgear PS101 print server. It's name is
> PSEA6882 and it IP addr is 192.168.000.150. It is working just fine
> under WinXP but I don not know how to set it up under Ubuntu. Can anyone
> help please.

Start at Computer > System Configuration > Printing.  Select "Add
Printer" and follow the prompts.  I installed a _very_ old JetDirect
print server and it worked first time.

I don't know what protocol the Netgear uses but it'll be in the
documentation.

Ed
--
Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?  -  Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)