Live CD / bug reporting (Re: new look installer... why?)

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Fri Feb 11 20:40:19 UTC 2005

pe, 2005-02-11 kello 00:12 -0800, Matt Zimmerman kirjoitti:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:35:45AM +0200, Ari Torhamo wrote:
>
> > I tried Hoary (Array-4) for the first time using the live CD version. I
> > didn't have much time to test it, maybe an hour or so. I was suprised
> > how well everything worked - actually so well that I begun to consider
> > switching to Hoary :-) The only problem I encountered was that the
> > scandinavian special letters didn't work, even though I chose Finnish
> > keyboard layout during the boot up. When I pressed the keys in question,
> > nothing was printed on the screen. I tried this with different programs
> > and applications. Punctuation marks and other such things were in their
> > right (Finnish) places, so the keyboard layout was changed - just these
> > special letters "ä" and "ö" didn't work. Should this be reported as a
> > bug? If the awnser is yes, I can do the reporting.
>
> It seems like a bug, yes.  Does it work correctly for you with the Warty
> live CD?  Have you tried a recent installation CD?

I reported this as a bug (#6464). I haven't tried the installation CD
yet - I'm still hesitating to take that step. If I take the step and
install Hoary, I'll add my findigs to the bug report. (Now I wish I had
an extra hard disk - maybe I'll by a small and cheap used one for
testing purposes :)

Regards,

Ari