APT Pinning issues.

Danilo Piazzalunga danilopiazza at libero.it
Fri Feb 11 10:17:53 UTC 2005

Scott Robinson wrote:
> I'm having issues pinning the Ubuntu archives. It seems the component
> tags don't exist. When I specify, for example:
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release c=universe
> Pin-Priority: 100
>
> No changes occur in my policy. (as found from apt-cache policy)
> Furthermore, that policy list shows no indication of there being a
> component tag on each section of the archive.

I've tried it myself too, and pinning by component is not working. You'd
better file a bug against apt.

Anyway, what are you trying to accomplish? Different components don't overlap,
there's no need to choose between them.

Danilo Piazzalunga                     +--------------------+
PGP Key available at subkeys.pgp.net   | Linux User #245762 |
Fingerprint: D018 815E 8C7F 2AE2 5565  | ICQ #105550412     |
             0C36 B5F6 DB20 B800 CB9F  +--------------------+