[Q] Hoary package list; Horay stability

Michael Scottaline mscottaline at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:44:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:09:47 +0100, Johannes Behr
<johannes.behr at igd.fhg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to setup a new developing-machine
> and I used warty on my old.
>
> Since there is a new NVidia driver in
> Horay with better glsl support I would
> prefer to go with Horay. How is
> the horay stability? Is it use sable as
> workstation-OS (don't care about all
> the  server stuff)
=============================
My experience has been that it is rock solid.  I've been using it on
one of my laptops (my principal laptop) since mid to late January and
haven't had a single stability issue yet.  I forget it is
theoretically a testing system.  It just works.  Every couple of days
I run an apt-get upgrade on the T3 line at work and all goes smoothly
(thus far).
=============================

> Is there a web-interface/list where I
> can lookup all the horay-packages ?
check www.google.com/linux
To upgrade on line just edit /etc/apt/souces.list and put hoary every
where warty appears.  You might wish to add multiverse to the file as
well.
Good luck,
Mike

--
"I don't know how World War III will be fought, but I do know World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"