browser crashes in hoary

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 20:53:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 15:37 -0500, troutrou wrote:
>> I seem to be getting a lot of browser crashes. So far, firefox,
>> epiphany
>> and opera seem affected.
>> http://www.theinquirer.net
>> This page is causing the problems, though the new york times page did
>> the same a few minutes ago.
>I tried loading the two sites you mention using:
>
>- Firefox
>- Mozilla
>- Galeon
>- Epiphany
>
>And they all load the home page flawlessly and at the speed of light,
>no problem.
>Is there a particular page on these sites, that is causing problems ?
>
>I tried it using the latest stable-ish Hoary (Array 4). Maybe you are
>using the latest daily build, and it happens to have problems ? Maybe
>it will cure itself in a few days.
>Well, at least you know that Array 4 works     :-)
>
>HTH,
>
>Vince
>

>--
>troutrou

Yes,
I'm not troubled by this. (I did wonder if there was something new in
the Inquirer page because it crashed firefox on my Mandrake box at work
today.) I understand this is a beta (and have had far worse problems
with Suse 9.0/9.1 on this box).
And yes, Hoary works, after three botched attempts at upgrading from
Warty to Hoary it's real nice to have an install cd to play with.
Lookin' forward with much anticipation to April.

David