browser crashes in hoary

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 19:26:07 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I seem to be getting a lot of browser crashes. So far, firefox, epiphany
and opera seem affected.
http://www.theinquirer.net
This page is causing the problems, though the new york times page did
the same a few minutes ago.
I tried invoking firefox from the command line but the only extra
message to appear was the word Killed, after I had to Force Quit it.

Is anyone else experiencing this? (I sort of presume by the complete
lack of prior messages on this subject that no one is)

I still cant get any version of Real Player to work. I got the source
code to version 10.0.1 thinking it would be a "./configure make & make
install" job but it turned out to be just a "Makefile" job and crashed
out wanting the oggvorbissdk which is further than I wanted to go.

Hmmmmmm.

Puzzled.

regards

David