Log in with another user

Michael Scottaline mscottaline at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:11:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:33:15 -0600, Luis Murillo <lmurillo at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 11:01 +0800, rpowersau at gmail.com wrote:
> > Is fluxbox in the path of this user?
>
> ok, now I added to the line the full path to fluxbox and also did switch
> it with startfluxbox and it still gives me the same error. I have never
> seen this problem before :(
>
> This is what I have it $PATH:
> lmurillo at bellatrix:~$ echo $PATH
> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
>
> This is what the other user has:
> nmurillo at bellatrix:/home/lmurillo$ echo$PATH
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
>
> fluxbox and startfluxbox are located in /usr/bin
Give this a try.  Login in as the newuser, choosing failsafe terminal
from the session menu.  In the terminal type "startfluxbox &" (w/o the
quotes, of course).  Does fluxbox start now for the newuser???
Mike
--
"I don't know how World War III will be fought, but I do know World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"